Boylston Chess Club Directions
240 Elm St., Suite B9
Somerville, MA 02144
Phone: (617) 629-3933
The Boylston Chess Club is in the Social Security Administration Building at 240 Elm Street in Davis Square, Somerville. Suite B9 is on the bottom floor.
Subway: Davis Square (red line)
From the subway station (the "T" on the above map), walk towards the Somerville Theater and continue walking. You'll cross Day Street and Chester Street. We are just past Dunkin' Donuts on the right.
From Route 93:
We are at 240 Elm St. (just past the Dunkin' Donuts) in the Social Security Administration Building.
From Route 2:
- Take exit 31 (to Revere/Route 16E). Follow the signs to Mystic Ave/Somerville.
- At the traffic light, go straight through to Harvard Street.
After 3 traffic lights, you will enter Somerville. Shortly thereafter, you'll come to a traffic circle at Powderhouse Square.
- Go a little more than halfway around Powderhouse Square Circle and follow the signs to Davis Square.
You are now on College Avenue. College Avenue ends at a major intersection (and traffic light) in Davis Square.
- Take the left turn onto Elm Street in front of the Singer sewing machine store.
- Follow Route 2 East to Cambridge.
- At Alewife turn left onto Route 16 East towards Medford.
- At Massachusetts Avenue (Route 2A) turn right (0.6 miles).
- Turn left onto Day Street (0.2 miles).
Day Street leads straight to Davis Square and Elm Street.
- Turn right onto Elm Street (we are less than 0.1 miles away), or park at the first available spot.
Davis Square has a 2-hour limit on street parking (one quarter each 15 minutes) Monday to Saturday from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Most side streets require a resident permit for parking.
Parking lots are available in the following areas:
An alternative is to park at Alewife Station and take the Red Line into Davis Square.
- After turning onto Elm Street, take your first right (BEFORE the Dunkin' Donuts) onto Chester Street, and then another right onto Herbert Street. A parking lot is on your left on Herbert Street.
- From Elm Street, take the left at the next traffic light onto Cutter Street, go to the end of the block, and then take another left onto Highland Avenue. A parking lot is on the right, next to the Brooks Pharmacy.
- From Highland Aveune turn left onto Grove Street, across from the Brooks Pharmacy. Parking lots are on both sides of the street. (Grove Street takes you back to Elm Street.)
Return to BCC Home Page